Pearland Military Divorce Lawyers
We Take Pride in Serving Clients Who Serve Our Country
Military divorce has its own unique set of circumstances. It involves aspects of both military law and the law of the state of jurisdiction. If you are filing for divorce and you or your spouse is in the military, you need the services of an experienced Texas military divorce attorney from our firm.
At Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law, you will find a team of lawyers with over 100 years of collective experience representing clients in family law matters with a history of success.
Our firm has many credentials, including:
- Named Among the Top Lawyers by Houstonia Magazine in 2013
- Founding Attorney Is a Major in the U.S. Army Reserve
- Founding Attorney Served as an Army officer for 25 years
About Military Divorce in Pearland
There are typically additional factors to consider in a military divorce that do not arise in civilian divorces.
Those factors can include:
- Division of military retirement benefits
- Factors affecting computation of child support payments
- Child custody or visitation issues with overseas deployment or TDY
- Service members’ rights under the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act
Divorce involving military service members presents special challenges. It requires a knowledgeable military divorce lawyer who is well-versed in both state divorce law and federal law. Together, our team has over 100 years of experience handling all types of divorce cases, including military divorce. We understand the sensitive nature of military divorce, where your reputation and career are intertwined.
Contact our firm for an aggressive, skilled attorney to represent you in divorce court or in mediation.