Settlement Agreement Enforcement Lawyer in Deer Park

If you are and your ex-spouse settled your divorce with a mediator, and agreed to certain terms regarding child custody, child support, alimony and visitation, these orders need to be adhered to. Although they were not forged in court, these agreements are still valid because both parties signed them. If you are not receiving the money you need form your ex for spousal support or for your child, or if your ex is not allowing you the visitation with your children that he or she agreed to, you need to contact a Deer Park divorce lawyer from our firm immediately.

Even though you did not go to court, your settlement agreement is still valid if you had an attorney guide you through a mediation of your divorce, and both parties signed. You can have the orders enforced by going to court. In court, if your ex does not show up, an order will be issued against the individual, and the court will issue a wage garnishment, which will take your payment directly from your ex-spouse’s paycheck and divert it to you. If your settlement agreement is regarding visitation, going to court will ensure that you are allowed to visit your child, as per the settlement agreement.

Deer Park Family Attorneys

When you are going through a divorce, it is in our best interest to hire an experienced family law attorney to represent you from start to finish. At Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law, we are dedicated to helping our clients with all of their divorce needs. We can be with your from the start, and will stay with you through the settlement, and enforcement orders. However, don’t hesitate to call us if your divorce is already complete and you just need help getting your settlement enforced. We have over 100 years of experience with family law cases, and we will aggressively fight to make sure you get what is rightfully yours.

If you are having difficulty in getting a court ordered divorce settlement, contact a Deer Park divorce attorney from our firm today.