Deer Park Grandparents’ Rights Attorney

Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer Serving Harris County and the Houston Area


As far as the recognition of grandparents’ is concerned positive progress has occurred. Although a grandparent’s rights to visitation are not specifically addressed under Texas law, it still may be possible to address the matter in court and gain visitation rights by court order. Gaining legal custody through the court requires specific conditions to exist but it is easier now for a grandparent to succeed in this than in past years. Family law is a complex area of the law. The family law court always focuses what is in the best interests of the child. Before you take any action to exert your rights as a grandparent you should consult a Deer Park attorney for a full explanation of your rights under the law and how your wishes can be presented to the court.

Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer in Deer Park

The family court does recognize the vital role a grandparent can play in a grandchild’s life and the importance of encouraging an existing strong bond. Visitation can be granted by the court if it is deemed to be in the child’s best interests and the parents are divorced, or the parent abused, or neglected the child, or the parent has been found incompetent, is deceased, or has been incarcerated, or a court order terminated the parent-child relationship or the child has lived with the grandparent for at least six months.

Custody of a child may be granted to a grandparent if they have had actual possession, control and care of the child for at least six months preceding the date of filing a petition for custody, of it can be shown that custody is necessary because the child’s present environment endangers the child’s welfare or health, or the managing conservator, parent or parents file the petition or consent to the grandparent having custody. An experienced grandparents’ rights lawyer can guide you through the process to assist you in obtaining a positive outcome.

We understand the importance of maintaining a strong bond with a grandchild and are prepared to assist you in your fight. A skilled lawyer at our firm is available to help with urgent situations and is ready to fight for your grandchild’s best interests.

Contact a Deer Park grandparents’ rights lawyer for sound advice on how to proceed in a custody or visitation issue. We serve clients throughout Harris County and the greater Houston area.