Geographic Restrictions and Relocation Lawyer in Deer Park

Relocation After Divorce – Custody Issues

a father with custody is giving his daughter a ride on his back

After a divorce has been settled and child custody has been determined, it can cause a real upheaval of the family if one parent decides they want to move to another country or state, particularly if that parent has primary custody of the child or children involved in the case. While there is no hard and fast rule regarding parental relocation cases, having a Deer Park attorney on your side will benefit you when arguing your side of the case in court.

When it comes to child custody, the courts will do whatever they feel is in the best interest of the child. When deciding on a relocation case, they will consider the following factors:

  • The reason for the move
  • The nature of the child’s current relationship with both parents
  • The effect relocation may have on the child or children involved
  • The effect relocation may have on the other parent’s ability to maintain a meaningful relationship with the child
  • The opportunities for the child and parent at the new location
  • Whether the child’s special needs, if any, can be accommodated at the new location

Contact a Deer Park Relocation Attorney

Whether you wish to move and take your child with you, or you want to prevent your ex-spouse from moving with your child, you need to speak with Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law. We are dedicated to helping our clients with all aspects of their divorces, and this includes child custody and relocation cases.

If a parent does relocate with the child, spousal support and child support may have to be modified and reconsidered. We can also help you with this aspect. The court will want to do whatever is in the best interest of the child, and an experienced attorney can help in the process, with both your children’s and your interests as the objective when presenting your request.

Contact a Deer Park relocation attorney today if you plan to move away, or your children’s other parent is planning such a move.