Deer Park Lawyer

Personal Injury Lawyer in Deer Park

Areas of Practice

Recent Cases
Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law​ is proud to announce successful representation of 2 injured BP refinery contractors as a result of the Texas City Explosion

If you have been injured please contact us so we can help you recover all the damages owed to you. Contact the Firm

Automobile accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury cases that lawyers face, but they can also be one of the most complicated. Auto accident cases can range from being a simple property damage case, to a very complex product liability case. It is important that once a client realizes his or her case may need the assistance of an attorney, that the client immediately start gathering information regarding the accident.

What to do if you are involved in an accident.

  1. Make sure that everyone is okay. If someone needs medical attention call the proper authorities immediately notify them of any medical emergencies.
  2. Get the other parties name, address, phone number, birthday, insurance provider, insurance policy number. Get witnesses name, address and telephone number.
  3. Write down any statements made by the other parties.
  4. Contact your insurance company immediately and start the claim process.

All of your contact with the other party, their insurance company and your insurance company should documented. As you are talking on the phone with a person write down their name, telephone number, the time and date of the call and a brief summary of the telephone call. It maybe a good idea to follow up a phone call with a letter stating what you believe the phone call was about. Keep copies of all correspondence that you have with the other parties or insurance companies.

Take pictures of the car, the area where the accident happened and any damage or injury, things change. Remember a picture is worth a thousand words.

Get a copy of the accident report as soon as possible. Review the accident report make sure it agrees with what you believed happened. A lot of people just accept what is on the report. If you do not agree with what is one the report call the police officer and ask him to change the report. If he is not willing to change the report ask him to include your description of what happen on the report. Remember the police officer did not see the accident, so he is usually basing his report on the witness and parties testimony.

Slate & Associates, Attorneys at Law - Deer Park Attorneys
Located at 112 East Forrest Lane Deer Park, TX 77536. View Map
Phone: (281) 476-9447